Do You What is Chesterfield Sofas?
A chesterfield sofa is basically named after the Earl of Chesterfield in England. Old English sofas had very extravagant designs to them, and one such sofa is believed to have been found in Chesterfield. In basic terms, a Chesterfield sofa is a highly upholstered sofa, wherein the length of the sofas arms is the same as that of the sofas backrest. Chesterfield sofas tend to be quite large, and they also commonly tend to have button detailing and tufting on them that gives them a regal and polished look. Chesterfield sofas have been a prominent style since even the Victorian era, so your chesterfield sofa is a truly timeless piece of furniture!
Chesterfield sofa sets have inner frames made out of pure wood, which ensures that they will last you for decades of use, and still not become worn out and drab-looking!
Thing You must Know about Chesterfield Sofa?
Before buying a Chesterfield sofa, one must know what distinguishes a normal sofa from a Chesterfield sofa. These distinguishing characteristics are:
- Back and arms must be of same or similar length
- It must be thickly upholstered.
- It must have ample tufting and button details, especially so on the back support.
- They are generally covered in dark leathers or fabrics.
- Chesterfield sofas generally have rolled arms that fall onto the side panels.
- Chesterfield sofa sets tend to have very sturdy frames made out of pure wood.